Unfortunately, in school, our education system stresses what you know and uses excessive standardized tests to validate knowledge. The problem is, our kids are growing up in a world where knowledge isn’t enough. Whether they work for someone else or for themselves, they need to be able to create.
Instead of asking students to listen and memorize, what if we gave them more opportunities to create and solve problems?
Math Plus Academy’s summer camps are all about giving kids the opportunity to DO; to write their own computer programs, to build robots, to play chess, to develop their own business ideas, and more.
Allowing kids to create has several benefits including:
- It is more fun than listening to a lecture and memorizing facts
- It exercises real world skills like problem solving and critical thinking
- It is more engaging because you can do the things that you really enjoy
- It allows kids to work in teams and develop social skills
- It enables kids to build confidence doing things they do best
Aren’t these exactly the skills and attitudes they are going to be successful in the world that awaits?
This summer, we are offering a large variety of summer camp options that embrace the spirit of “do” vs. “know”.
You can see the full complement of camp offerings on our summer camps page.
If you have questions about our camps, give us a call at 614-792-6284 and we will be happy to help you find the best experiences for your child’s interests and needs.