Public speaking is a skill that students rarely get to practice and often is not taught in schools. And yet, it is a skill that is invaluable!
- Help students get comfortable speaking to an audience
- Teach students how to give impromptu speeches
- Minimize the use of filler words such as “um”, “ah”, and “like”
- How to present yourself – appearance, body language, vocal variation
- Learn to give constructive feedback to your peers
- Use visual aids like Powerpoint / Keynote effectively
How Does It Work?
Class meets once a week for 10 weeks. Each class will feature a 2-3 students presenting prepared speeches and all students practicing short, informal, impromptu speaking. Over the 10 weeks, students will be expected to give three prepared speeches — a personal introduction, a personal story, and a research-based talk.
Classes in New Albany start Tuesday, September 18 from 4:30-5:30.
Classes in Powell start Thursday, September 19 from 6:30-7:30.
Tuition for the course is $299.
After clicking button, click ‘View Cart’ to complete the checkout process.